Secrets to Hiring the Right SEO Agency
Many people and companies claim to know how to do SEO (search engine marketing). There are many SEO services to pick from. How do you know what to look for in the good SEO consultant / service? Below are a few tips.
1. With all the high competition of SEO professionals fighting for the business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. An established SEO company will not give you any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals are different from another. An SEO professional must take the time to get to know every aspect of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for your service.
2. Ensure your SEO company is not being outsourced with a 3rd party. What I mean from this is that, when you are looking for professionals, confirm that they are completing the work themselves and never with a sub-contraced company that they hire. Your relationship must be directly with the company or person you hire to do your marketing and advertising. A lot of miscommunication will break down your marketing campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it may be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource part of the work. An example will be website design. If an agency is hiring anyone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that is acceptable as long as the SEO service is doing the content and optimization of one’s site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web site design professionals.
3. Make sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Inquire about their strategy in getting your keywords ranked. A good test is to see if their own company is in front page of Google. There are a few circumstances where this could not apply. As an example, if someone has been doing SEO to get a very long time and decides to start out a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their very own site to the top with the search engines (just as it’ll for yours).
4. Look out for anyone who promises to have your business at the top of the search engines inside a designated time. There isn’t any prediction nor is there any sort of formula that can be carried out to know exactly how long it may need to rank websites. If someone else is getting you to the very best within a few weeks, then they are not doing ethical practices and will also only hurt you over time. Google will catch up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized which will put you at the bottom from the rankings. It normally takes around 3-4 months to obtain sites ranked on Google. There may be some instances you will get to the top sooner and a few that you may get there later. This will depend on how competitive keyword phrases are.
5. Make sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You do not want your SEO advertiser to be putting your campaign quietly because they have other what to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they’re doing and are not just achieving this as something extra to generate money. Also watch out for people who think they are SEO professionals because they work in a computer field. Although I’ve got a degree in Computer Information Systems, it did not make me a search engine professional. I learned everything I understand outside of college by way of a team of experts.